Schumacher Construction was started by Lloyd Schumacher in 1955 when he purchased a road grader from Walter Dierke who had recently retired from the construction business. In 1959, Lloyd started operating out of his own shop that he had built in Zumbrota.
In 1979, his son Allan Schumacher became a partner with him and began growing the business. Then in 1984, Allan and his wife Carol bought the business from Lloyd, and two years later, they purchased several pieces of road building equipment from another local contractor. Allan and Carol built a new shop in Zumbrota in 1991, and continued to grow the business. Schumacher Construction became Schumacher Excavating when it became incorporated in 1993.
Today, Schumacher Excavating is still owned by Allan and Carol Schumacher, and provides many excavating and grading services to Zumbrota and the surrounding area. We perform excavating, grading, site preparation, building demolition, and installation of sewer and water services.